Temporary, part-time MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT
The Maintenance Assistant works with the Maintenance Technician to perform routine and periodic maintenance tasks, making improvements to the buildings and grounds, and implementing the preventive maintenance program for Quaker Center.
- Maintain and improve buildings and grounds, with attention to waste management, recycling and composting according to new Santa Cruz County and State requirements.
- Take care of the shop, tools, equipment storage areas and Quaker Center vehicles;
- Make general repairs as requested;
- Maintain the roads and trails;
- Chop and store firewood, re-supply cottages as needed;
- Perform housekeeping tasks as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess good mechanical aptitude for learning and assisting with the stated job responsibilities;
- Ability to work independently
- Be in good physical condition:
- Able to perform the physical motions necessary to operate mechanical equipment including a wood chipper (training will be provided); mostly hand tools will be used.
- Able to climb tall ladders
- Able to lift up to 90 lbs.
- Have valid driver’s licenses; ability to drive standard transmission preferred but not required.
- Proof of COVID vaccination status
$17/hour for 15/ hrs. per week for 9-12 weeks; position begins no earlier than May 23, 2022. Some orientation may be required.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and 3 references (email & phone #) to email@example.com . For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831.336.8333
Ben Lomond Quaker Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered without reference to age, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.
Quaker Center seeks to nurture the spiritual growth and faithfulness of Friends and others, while strengthening Quakerism and its witness in the world. We offer programs and personal retreats exemplifying Friends’ testimonies of community, integrity, simplicity, peace, and equality. We strive to live in right order with all creation, especially with the redwood forest that sustains us here in the Santa Cruz mountains.